About the Mill
The Leica EM TRIM2 is a high speed milling system with integrated stereomicroscope and LED ring illuminator for trimming of biological and industrial samples prior to ultramicrotomy.
The Leica TRIM2 features a 1µm feed control for the milling cutter, perpendicular viewing of the embedded sample to determine position for accurate milling, and a superior extraction system with Hepa filter.
How to use it
Clamping the specimen block
- Clamp the specimen block in the specimen holder in such a manner that it protrudes from the holder by at least the same amount as the diameter of the specimen.
- Make sure that the milling control lever is in its top position.
- Insert the specimen holder into the adapter.
Adjusting and aligning the specimen
- Swivel the specimen pivot arm using the lever into the front face observation position. In this position the specimen axis and observation axis are parallel
- Focus the microscope on the specimen using the adjustment knob.
Milling the cutting face
- Swivel the specimen pivot arm to its desired position using the adjustment lever.
- Using the paddle and dial controls. You can mill your specimen to your desired size and shape.